Thursday, May 31, 2012

Waterfall Hiking For Lazy Folks

Pin It

I really love Bridal Veil Falls.  This is another really simple, easy (quarter of a mile) waterfall hike (more like a stroll).  You can play in the shallow water at the base of the falls, or, if you're more adventurous, climb right up the waterfall itself.

From I-15, take Exit 273 for 800 North in Orem, which becomes US Highway 189.  About 4 miles up the canyon past the interchange, just past Canyon Glen Park, take the Nunn's Park exit, and park in the Bridal Veil Falls / Nunns Park parking lot (on the right side of the road).

Have a picnic in the park, then follow the paved path straight up to the falls.

Free.  Info here




Bridal Veil Falls Waterfall Hike
LOOKIT.  LOOK AT THE MINIATURE MEGAN AND EMMA.  SO SMALL.  I DIE.

Bridal Veil Falls Waterfall Hike

4 comments:

  1. I played the flute for the "Native American" show they had up there on the lift level of the gift shop back in the day. Long time ago. Your shots are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally vouch for this hike! I'm a student at BYU, and I probably walk this one at least once a week every summer (and sometimes in winter when the snow doesn't fall, blast it). Seriously, it's not even hiking, but it's totally beautiful, especially with the new bridge and such. Love it.

    PS: all these things you post make me want to be married with kids so I have people to take with me to free stuff. Please bless that these things continue forever. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:43 AM

    Wow! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And across the bridge there is even a snow cone vender.. awesome.

    ReplyDelete