Thursday, July 19, 2012

LOOKIT WHAT I MADE (The Children, Not The Pics)

Pin It

You can pretty much tell by looking at my blog when my summer school term started, can't you?  (Programming classes, database design classes, and English. SO TIRED.)  I'm so predictable.

Today I mostly just want to share the family pictures my sister-in-law Jamie took for us when we were in Las Vegas a couple of months ago.  They are actually the first family pictures we've had taken since Josh was born and I'm really happy about how they turned out.  She is really great at what she does.  

(Jamie lives in the Phoenix area, but she often comes to Las Vegas to do sessions. I keep trying to convince her to come up here to Utah for a few shoots - mainly because I want her darling kids to come stay with us for a while.  (Here is the part where I do my part to help Jamie's SEO - she's a FANTASTIC Las Vegas and Arizona Family Photographer and this is her blog.)  (You should see her newborn pics - so cute!) You could also check out (and like) her Facebook page.)

(Also, I did not get my photos for free, we paid for them although she gave us a steal of a deal - and I was not compensated for writing this post.) (It's so stupid that I even have to write that.) I'm writing about this because I'm a vain narcissist and I WANT YOU TO SEE MY PICTURES and also, she's awesome, and also, she's my sister-in-law and so perhaps you guys can all help make her a fantastically famous and rich photographer so that we can all go live in her mansion someday. OK?)

(My bra is showing in half of the pictures that include me, but that is not Jamie's fault, it is just the reality of me, in a picture.  (She's editing that out for me in the pictures we are printing out, bless her.)  Whatever shirt I am wearing, however modestly positioned it begins, will inevitably turn into a cleavage festival.) 

Here are a few of my favorites.  I especially love the ones where we are all laughing or not perfectly posed.  She's great at capturing those moments.










This is my glamour shot.  (I really have no place to use it - after all, where does one put a picture of oneself standing around with her hand on her hip?)  After I looked at a few of the pictures of me by myself I had some really conflicted feelings.  On the one hand, I look, objectively speaking (or not), a lot better than I used to. I am reasonably fit.  On the other hand, I am starting to look like - well, I guess like a forty year old woman.  That was hard to deal with.  (Forty has been really good to me so far, I shouldn't complain, but - does it have to come with wrinkles?  Because some of the pictures (obviously the ones I am not plastering all over my blog on account of, er, VANITY) (although a few of them are posted on Jamie's blog if you are curious about whether or not I am full of crap) show pretty clearly that time, it is indeed marching forward.  Which bums me out a little. I am not that evolved yet.)  On the other hand, oh, just shut up.

I love this picture because generally, if the three of them are in a room together, this is exactly what is going on.   


My only regret about this shoot is that I combed Josh's hair before it dried, so you can't see how curly cute it gets.  Still, I love how the shots of Josh turned out.  He was not really thrilled about the whole endeavor and mostly wanted to play in the fountain, so it's pretty amazing that she was able to get so many good shots of him.
  

Emma was all about having her picture taken, especially solo.  Her tongue is sticking out like that in most of them, and I like it, because that's exactly her smile in real life right now.  I like that we have that recorded.


I love this picture of Meg.


Jake looks darling in all of his pictures, but I love how well she captured his eyes in this one. He has really beautiful green eyes and in most pictures you can't really tell.




Josh was trying desperately to get away from us by this point, and swinging him like this was the only way to keep him in the shot.  Megan kept cracking up over the whole thing.


Thanks Jamie, we really love our pictures!   If you are in Vegas or Arizona and need a photographer, be sure to check her out.


24 comments:

  1. i went over to jamie's site b/c i wanted to see these "wrinkles" and let me just say in the nicest way that you're full o' s*it. haha! ;) you're GORGEOUS!! seriously... you're a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, your family!! y'all are precious, the whole lot of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Although now I am having a massive guilt trip - no formal photos here in gazillion years. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS Sue! First of all, I totally agree with Jodie.....you are full of it! You are beautiful and you know it and you just don't want to admit it to all your readers! ;) hee hee
    Your family was a BLAST to shoot and I loved every second of it. One of these falls I WILL make it up to Utah, so we can get some gorgeous Utah landscape family pictures and hang out with the funnest family there!
    Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and PS, I have been following your blog this whole time, but because I switched my sign in info, it looks like I just started following because of this post! Hee Hee! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are freaking adorable. I loved the spontaneous ones!! Captures so much personality. You did indeed MAKE beautiful children. (I guess your hubby had a small part in it)
    It is wonderful to have these photos in your possession now eh !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! And you look fabulous! I wouldn't put you a day over 27. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jamie is really great, but you guys are a beautiful family. I'm sure that makes it easier. They all look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I am here! Looking at the pretty pictures! And leaving a comment! Now that Firefox will finally let me comment in the embedded comment box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Use it for your headshot! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them! You have such a beautiful family. They are all changing so much, especially Josh. You really should post pictures of where you live. We are all curious snoops.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicki2:00 PM

    You guys look awesome, and all of your kids have gorgeous eyes. Can't wait to meet them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic shots, Sue!!
    Was this at Town Square mall?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, I love you guys. Ya big liars. :)

    Nikki - I can't wait either!

    Clisty, it was actually at Lake Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful photos! I love the last one. I need to get some done of me and my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, I just went and looked at the photos over there and I super love the one of you and your girls lying in the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay - many things to say. 1) concerning the 2nd paragraph: thank you for framing in words exactly what is in my head. I am usually the framer for people around me, but it's nice - so very nice - to have been framed by someone else for a change. It was cathartic to read. 2) I could have edited out the offending white for you. But she is doing it, so why am I telling you this. 3) 40: yes - both wrinkles and the fact that you can no longer read pill bottles. De rigeur. I am now twenty years past that point, but still not past the shock and bitterness. Also, losing weight (which I did at about your age) also makes for wrinkles. We pushed the weight a little too far into the losing-elasticity period. And that's just the way it is. Besides, wrinkles are dignified. I am far more dignified than you are. 3) the children are beautiful. 4) so are you. Get over it. 5) I can't remember anything else. But this was probably enough, huh? Oh - can that really be JOSH? How long have I been reading you, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful! WHat a great-looking family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these pictures. You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What ? I can't comment On the modesty post ? I loved it and it made me think. I grew up in California and now ( help me lord) am raising my kids in Utah. Yes I learned abOut modesty in yw - and when a leader talked about a crazy idea ("girls- Please don't tickle each others backs, it is inappropriate and makes me uncomfortable"- no joke- a leader said that!) I knew they were crazy and I didn't listen to them because I had mOstly very cool and educated leaders who didn't focus on non-essential things. Now I live in Utah and I am really surprised about the suppression and control of some of the leaders in my ward. It's a running joke that if you only fit the "mold" you will be a leader in our ward. I am sick of hearing from the same people over and over about how I should raise my kids, dress, keep the sabbath day holy- etc. I have a strong testimony and love the gospel- but I feel like free agency is being taken out of the equation. Anyways- I am just venting. And want you tO know I have always been a fan and I am glad you are back!! We should have a forum about this- not bashing the church - but how do we live in a homogenous society and appreciate individuality ? Would lOve to hear from you. (sorry about the random capital letters- typing from a phone stinks!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such lovely pictures. I know how you feel about suddenly seeing the signs of aging. How I wish we lived in a culture where wrinkles were a sign of dignity and wisdom. But you look gorgeous, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete