- That I think you are stupid
- That I think your daughter is stupid
- That I think you have bad taste in books
- That I think my opinion should matter to you
- That my heart is made of stone
- That I am cold and dead inside
- That Edward should suck my blood so that I can understand the depths of his beautiful soul (per anonymous deleted commenter #1)
- That I am a horrible horrible horrible horrible person (per anonymous deleted commenter #2, who I am paraphrasing, because this is a G rated blog)
- That I should get over myself (per anonymous deleted commenter #3)
What My Opinion of Twilight DOES Mean
- That I have an opinion
- That I didn't like the book
- That my expectations were too high because of the constant hype
- That I have a blog and used it to - wait for it - write about my opinion
- That a lot of people will find my blog by google searching "Twilight Sucks"
- That I will get a ton of Twilight oriented email, some pro, some con, and I will think about answering it, but then I will probably just answer it with the power of my mind, which is to say, I won't really answer it.*
*Don't be offended, because in my head, I TOTALLY answered it. See how that works?(Tangent: A few weeks ago, someone from my old (truly incredible) Utah book club sent out a reminder email about the June meeting - apparently I was still on the email list. I replied saying I couldn't come that month, but I would be so excited to come the next month, because we were moving back! YAY! Squeal! EXCITING!)
(I waited for someone to email me back saying something like, "Wow, that's so cool!" or something to that effect. For a while I thought the internet must be broken, because nobody emailed me. Nobody at all. The reaction was underwhelming. My feelings were hurt (well, not exactly hurt, but maybe scuffed up just a teeny tiny bit, because HEY, PAY ATTENTION TO ME AT ALL TIMES). Over the next few weeks I thought things like this: Oh, no, this is because I told them about my blog, and now they think I'm ridiculous, and that I overshare, and that I overuse run-on sentences and parentheses and the word "AND" and now they scorn me with a white hot scorn of scorching scorniness and how will I ever face them, how how how how for the love of all that is holy HOW???!!! (I am nothing if not measured in my reactions.))
(And then last night I was looking at my drafts and I realized that I never sent the email. So basically all of that drama - TOTALLY IMAGINARY.)
(I'm not sure what that really has to do with anything. I'm kind of punchy right now. Something about not answering email. I don't know.)
- People have a lot of intense feelings about Twilight.
- This is my last Twilight post.
- Stephanie Meyer is going to be a jillionaire.
- This one time, a dog bit me.
- What is the capital of Nebraska?